University winter challenge charity prize winner Karl has donated £25 to Crisis. Crisis is a charity that supports homeless people through education, training and support with housing, employment and health.
They offer one to one support, advice and courses for homeless people in 12 areas across England, Scotland and Wales.
'I'd like to donate this money to Crisis. The work they do with homeless people is, sadly, increasingly important at the moment' - Karl
Did you know that for £26.08 Crisis can provide
- Hot, delicious, nutritious Christmas dinners for over 4,700 homeless people over nine days
- Advice on housing, benefits, finances, employment, as well as legal matters
- Healthcare, including TB and hepatitis screenings
- Dental treatment and eye tests, including glasses
- Hairdressing and massage treatments
- Learning and skills opportunities, internet cafés and IT workshops
- Specialist centres providing safe accommodation to rough sleepers, women and people with dependency issues
- PLUS access to Crisis’ year-round services for training and support in the year ahead.
If you would like to donate your points to Crisis tap the "Donate" button at the bottom right of the BetterPoints app, and tap Crisis on the list of charities.
Win £25 for your favourite charity
You can still enter the BetterPoints Greenwich University Winter Challenge and win £25 for your favourite charity. The winter challenge is available under Programmes in the BetterPoints app. Select "BetterPoints Greenwich University Winter Challenge", add your campus and record at least one activity to enter the weekly prize draw. The challenge ends on 15 December with charity draws next Monday and on 18 December.
The top 3 winter challenge participants from each campus will win £30, £20 and £10 in BetterPoints. Each activity you record will count towards your total. Happy walking and cycling!
Photo credit: Crisis.org.uk